Nicole Wilson’s exhibition Ötzi is a groundbreaking years-long project spanning performance, tattoo, and digital media. After she received international attention for this project in Inked magazine, tattoo aficionados around the world asked Wilson for her tattoo design files. Until now, these have never been available for purchase. The South Tyrol Museum of Archaeology, which cares for and researches the mummy, has granted permission for the artist to move forward with sharing digital files of the tattoo.
Praise Shadows has partnered with Fairchain, a new framework for equity and trust between artists, galleries and collectors. The digital tattoo files featured in the exhibition Ötzi are authenticated and registered on the blockchain. (Note, these are not NFTs.)
* Editions 3/7 and 4/7 are available here.
* Editions 1/7 and 2/7 are part of the complete set, available by inquiring with Praise Shadows Art Gallery via firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Editions 5/7, 6/7, and 7/7 of each tattoo are reserved for upcoming presentations of this exhibition at Three Kings Tattoo in Brooklyn (October 2021), Los Angeles (2022), and London (2022).
- Select your preferred edition in the dropdown menu above.
- Complete the purchase.
- Upon receiving the purchase confirmation, Praise Shadows Art Gallery will transfer the title to the collector using Fairchain, which uses blockchain technology to authenticate and register the sale on the blockchain. (Note, these are not NFTs.)
- Fairchain will finalize the sale and the collector will be provided with a link to download the tattoo file. The collector will also be provided with the artist’s instructions for collecting the tattoo, and for working with a tattoo artist.
- Collectors may choose to resell their purchased tattoos via Praise Shadows Art Gallery and Fairchain by contacting email@example.com.
- When a secondary sale is complete, the artist receives a secondary sales royalty, and a portion of the sale also goes towards an artist equity fund created by Fairchain.